Tooned Out

Suburban mommy talks about kicking her online gaming habit.

Name:
Location: Redmond, Washington, United States

Just another face in line at the grocery store...

Sunday, July 17, 2005

And a Pretty Big Waste of Money

$318.75

Which is the same as 3 nice dinners out with my husband, or a couple of nice outfits, or a new bike, or a day or 2 skiing with the family, or a weekend at the beach, or 4 months of piano lessons, or tuition to a course or 2 at community college, or 3 months dance class, or 4 months membership at the Y, or...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, I bought Six expansions of EQ, 39 monthly fees, and three instanes of buying crap online. I'd estimate approximately 650-700 dollars (I can't remember what the fees or the prices of any of the items were) between January 2001 and March 2004 when I quit.

However, during that time I didn't really buy new computer games nor did we get Cable TV, because I got my entertainment thru EQ. Since quitting, we still never got Cable, but we do buy a lot of movies and new vid-games. I think my entertainment spending has gone up a little since EQ, but still... 6 or 7 hundred dollars to that game.

Along with approximately 200 days of play time.

We still support you, Portia, over at OLGA. I'm glad to see you visiting.

Derek "formerly Gundark" from OLGA

9:31 PM  
Blogger Portia said...

Your point about increased "entertainment" spending is a good one. I remember people saying that Toontown was a bargain because it's only $9.95 per month, and free to download. That's about the price of one ticket to a movie or a couple of movie rentals. I haven't really thought about whether we spend more on other forms of entertainment now or not. We use Netflix so that wouldn't change but I bet we do go out more. Ah well, Disney's got my 300 bucks now and they're not giving it back.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home